Dating Sites / Scam / Checking
Online dating is now one of the most popular ways to meet a new partner in all over the world. Especially when you are looking for a partner from another country, Ukraine. But when it comes to dating sites, you face with many challenges: which site to choose, what’s the right price for a membership, how to create the best profile, what should be my first message to a girl, and other. And when you have made a choice and have created a profile on a dating site, you will immediately encounter the biggest problem of online dating the world: Scam.
Online dating scams are abundant. Anyone can be targeted. You don’t have to be rich and you don’t have to be stupid. You just have to be looking for love, a search that causes you to be more vulnerable than usual. And love is the tool scammers use to get the money from you.
And it’s not like that only in Ukraine or Russia. In August, a British man was sent to jail after defrauding two women of over £300,000 ($455,300) through online dating sites. He had convinced them that he was a diplomat and that a US marine general had fallen in love with them, causing one woman to pawn jewelry, empty her life savings, sell her car, and take out loans to help this general move to the UK. She got nothing. And it only one case.
So don’t become one of these numbers! If you date online, take precautions to protect yourself. In this article, you will learn and how to spot a scammer, you can protect yourself.
1. Dating Sites
Most dating sites are full of scammers, and many sites don’t bother getting rid of them because scammers look nice, have nice profiles, and that attracts more members.
As I wrote in my first article, choose a site which has a free account. You can register for free, create a profile for free and see what girls are on the site. If the girls show an interest in your profile and text you, then you can move on to a paid membership, so you can write to girls and read their letters.
Don’t register on sites where you have to pay for each message or each word in a message that you send, or even just to show an interest. All profiles of girls on such sites are valid. Because these girls are registered by marriage agencies that cooperate with the dating site. And marriage agency is obliged to send not only data about girl and her pictures, but also a copy of pages of her passport. And this is very good. But here is another question: how they work at this dating site and how they earn money? Very simple. Every marriage agency have translators who work with girls profiles on this dating site. They create profiles of girls, updated with new photos and conduct correspondence from the girl with men. And for every received mail and chat online dating site pays a percentage to the agency. And very often the interpreters don’t have complete and accurate information about the girl, so cann’t give a precise answer to specific questions about the girl to a man. Maybe someone of you, who is reading my article now, have been in this kind of situation. And, of course, girls in most cases, don’t know which interpreter is correspondence on their profiles. If you don’t want to spend a lot of money to correspond with an interpreter, don’t use these dating sites to find a girl from Ukraine or Russia.
Follow my Channel in Telegram to get more interesting and useful information about Ukraine, Ukrainian women and dating with Ukrainian ladies.
2. Profile Warning Signs
Dating site that offers free registration and a paid membership, doesn’t care so much about verify the authenticity of girls. Just ask to confirm their registration by mail or mobile number. But if the girl is doing a mass mailing of letters to men or she gets complaints from men, her profile delete.
The profiles of online dating scammers can exhibit some clear signs that something is off—you just need to know what to look for:
- – most scammers choose victims that are older than they are;
- – scammers use photos of models from modeling sites or from magazines. They put only an one picture;
- – most of them don’t put all information about themselves in their profile. It can be just her name, age, name of city:
- – scammers just send you an interest or add you in her favorites list so get your attention;
- – they often ask for your email address right away, or give you theirs. They want to communicate off site as soon as possible;
- – when scammers get your email or skype they’ll hit you with the full force of their charm; they’ll say sweet things, compliment you a lot, and talk about how perfect you are for each other within the first couple weeks;
- – after some days or weeks scammers make a sad story about get some problems or families problems. They make you feel sorry for them, and they ask for help or money, or get you to offer it because you are ‘such a nice person;
- – after some weeks they’ll ask about meeting and they would like to come to you but they’d need money for a passport, visa, other travel documents, or plane tickets.
Most of the time, you can spot an online dating scammer by or checking—if something looks off, be extra wary. Always be on the lookout, and be extra wary when you meet new people online. If you have suspicions, don’t ignore them and try to check out.
How you can check if it’s scammer or not:
– if the girl has only one picture on her profile, like model’s pic, so ask her to send you more pictures;
– if in first mail the girl asked you to give your email say you are not ready and would like to chat on the site;
– ask her to give you her profile’s address on facebook or vkontakte. I have written about vkontakt in my first article.
Taking these precautions can help save you thousands of dollars—and even more heartbreak.
Have you met scam on the dating site? Have you been the victim of an online dating scam? What tipped you off to the scam? Share in the comments below!
Found this post very useful so share it with your friends? Got some questions? Ask them me and write in comments. I will answer all the questions with pleasure. And of course share with me your experience about dating with Ukrainian ladies.